John Lamb (CHAIR)Past President LGTAG LGTAG and Sector
John Lamb has held Directorships at a number of Councils including Manchester City Council, Calderdale, Thurrock, Trafford, Buckinghamshire and Essex. As Corporate Manager at BAA Airports John led Surface Access at Heathrow and Planning at Stansted Airport – during which time he managed incidents including the Korean 747 crash, and the UK’s longest running hijack.
Transforming Council Leadership and Service delivery, John supports councils through periods of rapid change and transformation – often reversing declining service delivery and providing project turn around.
Through his cutting edge approaches to Resilience and Response to severe weather and major incidents he has received accolades from the British Army, DfT, the Environment Agency and cross party endorsements as he works to develop and embed learning from the UK’s worst ever flooding in recent memory of 2015 – Storms Desmond, Eva and Frank.
John has been appointed to serve on the Highways Sector Council and UKRLG and co-commissioned DfT 2021 resilience report
My Speaker Sessions
Tuesday 14 June 2022
Panel Discussion: Resilience across the network and the impacts of a changing climate
- Optimising the use of budgets and resources to adapt for current and future environmental threats
- Outcomes of the report on emergency preparedness response and recovery
- Prioritising, investing and future proofing
- for flooding, landslides, power cuts etc
- Making use of data for resilience planning
- Vulnerable locations works