Karla JakemanInnovation Lead – Connected Transport Innovate UK
Karla is the Innovation Lead for Connected Transport, part of the Land & Maritime Transport Team at Innovate UK (UKRI). A thought leader working in a modal agnostic area covering all aspects from active travel to highways, geospatial solutions to intelligent transport systems, Karla focuses on supporting a variety of different types of organisations to work together to find innovative transport solutions. She is also the Vice-Chair of ITS(UK), a member of the Highways Sector Council and a lead stakeholder for the Transport Technology Forum. Prior to Innovate UK, she worked for 15 years at a large automotive company as a Design Quality Engineer.
My Speaker Sessions
Tuesday 14 June 2022
Panel Discussion: Tech for tech’s sake?
- Where is new tech providing value for money compared to existing tech?
- How can we measure how tech advances impact on carbon, the environment, recycling etc?
- How to ensure we maximise value of new tech?
- What are the timescales for adoption of new technologies?
- How do we attract tech superstars to the industry?