Martin MildenhallITS Engineer TfGM
Martin started working in the automatic traffic counting team at Manchester City Council in 2006. Since then the team has evolved into the ITS team at TfGM where he is now Engineering Manager. In 2012 Martin won the ITS(UK) Young Professional award for the delivery of a Bluetooth Sensor Network for Origin and Destination monitoring. Over the years he has personally designed, configured and maintained transport monitoring networks including automatic traffic and cycle counters, Bluetooth Journey Time sensors and even pneumatic counting tubes. Martin has also been responsible for the delivery of Greater Manchester’s first Cycle Priority System and its first Cycle Totems.
My Speaker Sessions
Thursday 16 June 2022
Case Study: The evolution and utility of the transport monitoring network in Greater Manchester
- The evolution of the traffic and sustainable transport monitoring network over the last 15 years.
- The importance of using a mix of monitoring technologies.
- How the traffic and sustainable monitoring data is used in Greater Manchester:
- Transport monitoring during the Covid pandemic;
- Cycling and Walking Scheme Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Travel Demand Management.
- Future uses of the data including the Smart Junctions Project