Giles PerkinsADEPT Live Labs Programme Director and Head of Profession, Future Mobility WSP
Giles leads WSPs Future Mobility team in the UK and has over 31 years’ experience in the futures, transportation planning, digital and intelligent transport sectors. He has worked in the public and private sectors as a senior client and director level consultant and, has led major projects across all modes. He has a detailed understanding of the strategic needs and opportunities surrounding the transport challenges that face our networks, regions, towns and cities. He is a recognised expert in the field of future mobility / transport having undertaken numerous cutting-edge commissions where his insight is helping build ‘future ready’ thinking into strategies, policies and asset specifications.
My Speaker Sessions
Wednesday 15 June 2022
Panel Discussion: Shaping strategies for managing connected and autonomous vehicle (CAV) infrastructure
- Law commission review of autonomous vehicles and implications for traffic managers
- Adapting infrastructure for CAV to create driverless freight and passenger networks
- Focusing on the customer (individuals and businesses) and the outcomes that all modes of CAV can achieve
- Reviewing the benefits and ethics
- V2X infrastructure trial for supporting automated vehicles in London
Thursday 16 June 2022
Live Labs 1 and 2
Giles Perkins, Programme Director of the £23m DfT funded ADEPT Live Labs local roads innovation programme (https://www.adeptnet.org.uk/livelabs) will discuss the key findings from this cutting edge programme and provide an overview of Live Labs 2, a £30m competitive programme which is focused on decarbonising the local roads sector.